What are chia seeds? Why are they called “superfood”?
Chia seeds are known for their impressive health benefits. Despite their small size, they are full of important nutrients. They’re a great source of fiber and omega-3 fatty acids. That is why many are adding chia seeds in their diet.
So, if you are one of those people who fell in love with the many health benefits of chia seeds, you will definitely love the recipe we are going to share in the next page. But, if you haven’t tried chia seeds yet and curious about it, then, the recipe we shared in the Next Page is a good start to try.
Pudding is such a great breakfast or snack. And if you add chia seeds, it’ll be a healthier meal. With that, below is a Chia Pudding recipe which you can try. It only uses 4 ingredients, which means it’s easy to make!
This 3-ingredient chia pudding is creamy, satisfying and loaded with protein, fiber and omega-3s. It’s also vegan, gluten-free, paleo and keto.
- 3–4 Tablespoons chia seeds
- 1 cup milk (I like unsweetened coconut, almond or cashew milk)
- 1/2 Tablespoon maple syrup, honey or sweetener of choice*
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla (optional)
- Toppings of choice: fresh berries or other fruit, granola, nut butter, etc
- In a bowl or mason jar, stir together chia seeds, milk, maple syrup and vanilla, if using. If you’re using a mason jar, you can put the lid on and shake the mixture to combine everything.
- Once the chia pudding mixture is well combined, let it sit for 5 minutes, give it another stir/shake to break up any clumps of chia seeds, cover and put the mixture in the fridge to “set” for 1-2 hours or overnight. The chia pudding should be nice and thick, not liquidy. If it’s not thick enough, just add more chia seeds (about 1 Tablespoon), stir and refrigerate for another 30 minutes or so.
- You can also prep you pudding the night before and let it sit in the fridge overnight if that’s easier. When ready to serve top the pudding with berries and enjoy.
- Chia pudding can be stored for up to 5-7 days in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
There you have it! Enjoy your healthy snack. Don’t forget to share this recipe to your family and friends